Employment Sites Study, North East Derbyshire
Planning & Development
Property Market Analysis
AspinallVerdi were retained by North East Derbyshire District Council to review the suitability of the District’s employment sites in the context of current market conditions. This review formed an update to the previous report prepared in 2014.
AspinallVerdi undertook the following tasks;
- Reviewed the national and local planning policy framework
- Reviewed the local evidence base
- Undertook a market review which included a national and regional commercial overview along with supply/demand analysis for commercial uses across the District
- Provided an assessment of the employment sites (circa 35) which included; site description, recent planning applications, site assessment and recommendations. Each site was scored against set criteria which allowed these to be ranked in terms of suitability as an employment site
- Provided commentary on the total employment land available and the deliverability of these sites; and Provided commentary on future land requirements within the District.
AspinallVerdi produced the following;
- An assessment into the quality, suitability and broad viability of employment sites, whether existing allocations, permitted developments, or sites proposed for employment use;
- Identified sites which were less likely to be favoured by the market or are now unsuitable for employment development; and
- Identified key strategic sites to be protected for employment and the general scope of that protection. A report which contributed to towards the completion of a sound, robust and up-to-date technical evidence base that informed Local Plan employment land provision and policies.
1801 Employment Land Review Neddc V1