Kirkholst Key Sites Framework
Delivery & Implementation
AspinallVerdi was commissioned, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, by Rochdale MBC to produce a framework for key regeneration sites on the Kirkholt estate in Rochdale.
The Key Sites Framework builds upon previous studies, including ‘A Vision for Kirkholt – Ideas for Change’ and ‘Kirkholt –Delivering the Vision’ to provide a robust framework for moving forward. The purpose of the report was to focus on six key sites within the estate and to:
- Unlock the sites potential
- Fully understand constraints
- Propose and test outline solutions and potential land uses
- Develop delivery frameworks to move projects forward
- AspinallVerdi provided development viability and delivery input in support of a revised masterplan for the estate.
- AspinallVerdi led the consultation with developers to test the masterplan options, including options to redevelop an existing local centre and community services hub.
- Finally, AspinallVerdi recommended potential delivery mechanisms for the estate as a whole and the individual key sites.