Newham Employment Land Review
Planning & Development
Property Market Analysis
London Borough of Newham commissioned AspinallVerdi alongside co-consultants Peter Brett Associates (PBA) to undertake an Employment Land Review. AspinallVerdi were responsible for undertaking the property market assessment which formed part of this study.
This work involved engagement with commercial agents, landowners, developers and other key stakeholders. This provided an understanding of key issues in the area and gave an indication of whether there was a need to protect existing employment sites, especially industrial areas, given the redevelopment pressures faced from residential development across central London.
As part of this study it was important to understand the role of the Newham industrial market on the wider London economy and how it supports other sectors in and out-with the borough. Also, we explored the changing nature of the industrial market, moving from traditional to cleaner industries and whether this could be integrated as part of mixed use development.
We also assessed the potential of Royal Albert Docks to support office growth across multi property cycles
In the course of this project we have provided the following services:
Site visit of industrial estates
- Property market analysis and report.
- Consultation with landowners, developers, agents and Council officers.
- Analysis of take-up and availability. Presentation of findings at a stakeholder workshop.
We have provided the Council with a detailed market assessment which sets out:
- The type of occupiers that are seeking space
- Pattern of demand – internal or out-with the borough
- Rent and yield analysis to enable viable development Analysis of sites that should be safeguarded or released for alternative uses.