Newhaven, East Sussex- Key Sites for Economic Growth
Property Market Analysis
Appointed by Lewes District Council and East Sussex County Council AspinallVerdi have been retained to provide research and analysis which will enable the clients to work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships in order to ensure that existing investment priorities deliver the economic and other benefits which are envisaged.
Newhaven has secured significant investment in flood defences, road infrastructure funding and a University Technical College and it is expected that this investment will bring forward further regeneration and development to deliver further jobs and homes for the community.
The study was undertaken working closely with economic consultants Genecon
The services AspinallVerdi provided include –
- Policy and property market review to understand the performance of the Town.
- Engagement with landowners and developers
- Assessment of identified key sites which would accommodate future growth
- Preparation of financial viability assessments of each of the key sites based on outline development proposals for each
- Identification of key delivery mechanisms and the role of the public sector in terms of enabling future delivery.
A report was provided which presented a clear strategy for the Town which included and assessment of each potential development site, the scheme that could come forwards, what funding (public and private that would be invested) and the economic outputs which would be generated. This will provide the basis for further Growth Funding to be secured from the LEPs.Download PDF