Scotswood Housing EXPO
Atam lead the commercial property and development input in to this significant residential development opportunity.
The Scotswood site had been assembled by the local authority through slum clearance over 20 years. The site extends to over 50Ha and can potentially accommodation over 1,500 new dwellings and ancillary accommodation.
Atam was appointed to work with the Council’s other specialist advisors to develop a development framework which will form the basis of future planning and developer agreements.
Separately Atam was part of a team that prepared the Benwell & Scotswood AAP (working with Aecom). This AAP document was extremely well received and provides the strategic planning framework for this area.
A broad range of services were provided working in a multi-disciplinary team. These included
- Detailed market analysis of to inform mix, tenure and type of future housing delivery
- Contributing to public and stakeholder consultations
- Attendance at and presentations to senior levels of the client organizations (i.e. Newcastle City Council and HCA)
- Preparing reports to support the securing of significant amounts of public sector funding to pump-prime the development
- Preparation of the evidence base to support the Area Action Plan
- Detailed financial modeling of options
- Preparation and implementation of the delivery strategy.
The project is now progressing with infrastructure being provided on site, following the appointment of a private sector developer partner. The development agreement is an innovative long term public private sector partnership.Download PDF