Spring Valley Mill
Property Market Analysis
AspinallVerdi, alongside Rider Hunt and Calls Architecture, was appointed by Leeds City Council and AW Hainsworth to provide feasibility analysis for parts of Spring Valley Mills and how it may contribute to the wider regeneration of Stanningley, Leeds.
The study explores practical building design and architectural issues relating to the reuse of Hainsworth’s factory space; potential uses of the surplus factory space, including assessment of the potential suitability of any facilities; and options for contributing to the broader physical and economic regeneration of Stanningley.
More specifically the study responds to a requirement to assess the potential of the site for redevelopment as incubator space for start-up businesses, particularly those within the creative sector.
The services AspinallVerdi provided include –
- Planning Policy review and the Strategic Context of the site;
- Comprehensive Market analysis of employment, community and leisure facilities assessing supply & demand factors;
- Options analysis and proposed Delivery Approach to converting the Mill into managed workspace;
- Financial Assessment of the proposed scheme, including income potential;
- Assessment of Funding Sources and Job Creation.
AW Hainsworth is currently seeking funding for the scheme to be implemented.Download PDF