Economic Viability Assessments
Planning & Development
Strategic Land - Strategic Urban Extensions / Strategic Development Areas
Simon was originally commissioned, as part of a multidisciplinary team, by Leicester City Council to produce a masterplan and secure outline planning permission for Ashton Green Sustainable Urban Extension. Delivery of Ashton Green is paramount if the Council is to satisfy future housing and employment needs in the City.
The Ashton Green masterplan proposes the introduction of new land uses including, housing, employment, an all age school, leisure uses, open spaces and a village together with public realm throughout the area to provide a well connected, sustainable community. Outline planning permission was granted for the masterplan proposals in March 2011.
AspinallVerdi has recently been appointed by Leicester City Council to assist with varying a number of conditions attached to the outline planning permission and advise on the delivery process.
Development viability and deliverability are critical considerations. Simon was commissioned to advise on these paramount issues, as well as to produce a number of technical statements to support the outline planning application.
Simon was originally responsible for:
- property market review and soft market testing
- financial modeling to test overall viability and inform development and infrastructure phasing
- production of a development delivery framework, setting the critical path towards development delivery; and
- preparation of a number of technical statements to support the outline planning application.
AspinallVerdi have recently been appointed to:
- update the viability modeling and prepare an economic viability report to support an application to vary planning conditions; and to
- advise on development delivery.