Beverley Road, Hull
Delivery & Implementation
Development Appraisal & Financial Modelling
Heritage & Listed Buildings
The Beverley Road Townscape Heritage project focuses on a 19th Century historic route into the city of Hull. There are several distinctive and unique heritage features which have fallen into vacancy and disrepair and the area has been defined as ‘at risk’ by English Heritage. The project aims to restore and conserve heritage assets; improve the image and user experience; increase the appeal and reasons to visit; and raise awareness and embed heritage within the community.
AspinallVerdi led a multi-disciplinary team including Holland Brown Conservation Architects and Rider Hunt Cost Consultancy to produce building conditions surveys and market valuations for properties within the Beverley Road Townscape Heritage Initiative scheme. We were responsible for analysing the costs and values to produce a full “financial framework” for the TH scheme. Specifically we -
- Articulated the options to inform the development of a scheme to repair or reinstate the historical and architectural condition of the properties and their boundaries (both residential and commercial) and to bring vacant floor space back into use
- Produced an assessment of each option in relation to the cost and impact on the area
- Produced accurate condition surveys for a set of sample properties
- Defined the scale and costs for each works option
- Undertook valuations pre repair and reinstatement works
- Produced estimates of property values post the repair works
- Presented all of the above in a comprehensive financial framework.
We received formal confirmation from the HLF that the stage 2 bid for the Beverley Road TH scheme was successful and they awarded a grant of just under £1.6million for the delivery of the scheme.Download PDF