North Northallerton Development Area
Heritage & Listed Buildings
Planning & Development
Site Assembly & Disposal
Simon was commissioned, as part of a multidisciplinary team, by Hambleton District Council and the Homes and Communities Agency to produce a masterplan for the North Northallerton Development Area (NNDA).
The NNDA is an area designated in the Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD), for a sustainable mixed-use extension to the north of the town, comprising around 965 new homes, employment space and recreation facilities. The extension also includes a new road linking Stokesley Road to Darlington Road through the area.
The NNDA masterplan sets out an overall approach and shared vision for the area, provides a clear planning framework for the site, identifies a deliverable and financially viable project that delivers the vision and identifies social and physical infrastructure and the funding mechanisms, including development contributions.
Simon was responsible for:
- review of property market including land and property values, developer and occupier requirements;
- soft market testing of emerging options with developers;
- financial modeling to test overall viability and inform development and infrastructure phasing;
- analysis of emerging CIL charging schedule and impact on development viability;
- analysis of affordable housing requirements (including threshold levels and tenure type) on development viability; and
- production of a development delivery framework, setting the critical path towards development delivery.