Northern Arc, Burgess Hill
Delivery & Implementation
Development Appraisal & Financial Modelling
Planning & Development
Property Market Analysis
Site Assembly & Disposal
Site Specific S106/Affordable Housing Economic Viability Appraisals
Strategic Land - Strategic Urban Extensions / Strategic Development Areas
Following similar work on the Wakefield Eastern Relief Road (WERRs) for Wakefield MDC, we were appointed by Mid Sussex District Council to advise on the ‘land / cost equalisation agreement’ for the delivery of the Northern Arc.
The Northern Arc strategic site is located to the north of Burgess Hill and comprises up to 3,500 new dwellings. There is a Town Wide Strategy for Burgess Hill, which plans holistically for new residential and employment development, regeneration of the town centre and provision of new facilities in the town.
The Northern Arc makes provision for:
- 3,500 new homes;
- 25 hectares employment land;
- Two new primary schools and a secondary school;
- A Centre for Community Sport;
- A Northern Link Road.
The majority of the site is under the control of three strategic land promotors: Wates, Gleeson and Rydon. The promotors have prepared a comprehensive masterplan for the site and an Infrastructure Delivery Plan amounting to sum £135 million+ of strategic infrastructure.
By focusing on the delivery of the scheme AspinallVerdi has:
- Prioritised the agreement of the essential infrastructure and other public benefits in the IDP
- Developed terms of reference for the appraisal to agree the parameters and scope of the financial model
- Identified the need to phase and allocate to the Promotors the physical infrastructure and S106 payments
- Considered the delivery mechanism to incentivise all parties (developers, landowners and Council) to agree.
1711 Northern Arc Burgess Hill Case Study