SCR JESSICA Appraisal
Development Appraisal & Financial Modelling
Public Sector Funding
AspinallVerdi was appointed by CBRE Capital Advisors to carry out due diligence on the business plan and development appraisals for 12 x JESSICA (Joint European Support for Sustainable Investment in City Areas) projects. We were required to carry out our review for the Sheffield City Region Board within a short timescale.
Review and Projects
We were specifically to prepare a concise report on each of the projects which included:
- a review of all the appraisals submitted as part of the business case;
- the reproduction of the appraisals using our own informed assumptions on costs / values and a presentation of the level of gap using such assumptions;
- a summary, outlining what the level of funding gap was in the submitted
business case and then the level of gap on our assumptions.
We appraised the following projects:
- Ashroyd Business Park, Barnsley (within and outwith the EZ)
- Barrowfield Business Park, Thurnscoe
- Beighton Link, Rotherham
- Capital Park (both Carnell and Marshalls), Dodworth, Barnsley
- Coney Green Business Park, Clay Cross, Derbyshire
- Enterprise 36, Tankersley
- Everill Gate, Doncaster
- Advanced Manufacturing Park, Rotherham
- Woodhouse Link, Rotherham Alsop Fields, Sidney Street, Sheffield, S1
In order to complete the review within the timescale we created a standard appraisal format and report template. This responded to the 3 key questions above and also set out some additional caveats, qualifications and risks at the end of each report.
We compiled a database of the applicants assumptions, land value and property market research.
1801 Scr Jessica Appraisals Case Study