Bridlington Townscape Heritage
Business Cases / Public Sector Funding
Heritage & Listed Buildings
Town Centre Regeneration and Masterplanning
This Townscape Heritage (TH) project is to restore and enhance the Bridlington Quay Conservation Area (BQCA). The BQCA covers the historic harbour and quay mainly built in the early 19th century which played an important role in the development of the town and its hinterland. There are some 20 listed buildings within the CA. The TH project is to facilitate investment in the area through capital funding property improvements of heritage buildings and public spaces.
AspinallVerdi led a multi-disciplinary team including Holland Brown Conservation Architects and Rider Hunt Cost Consultancy to produce building conditions surveys and market valuations for properties within the Bridlington Quay Townscape Heritage scheme. We were responsible for analysing the costs and the uplift in values. Specifically we -
- Surveyed a sample of mainly Victorian and Edwardian properties on King Street, Cliff Street, Marlborough Terrace, Garrison Street and Promenade.
- Produced accurate condition surveys for the sample properties
- Made recommendations about the reuse of buildings and particularly the vacant upper levels
- Produced a detailed cost report on the restoration and reuse options for the sample properties
- Undertook valuations pre repair and reinstatement works
- Produced estimates of property values post the repair works.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council used our outputs (condition survey report, cost plan and valuation report) to support their Round 2 submission.
The improvements which will be brought about by the TH scheme will benefit the local economy and improve the town centre as a place to live, work and visit by increasing private investor confidence and creating a more desirable environment.Download PDF