De Beauvoir Estate - Workspace Options Study
Delivery & Implementation
Property Market Analysis
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with Stantec and OO Architects, AspinallVerdi was instructed by the London Borough of Hackney to undertake an options study. The purpose of the options study was to assess the possible uses and specification of the proposed ground floor commercial space as part of the redevelopment of the De Beauvoir Estate.
AspinallVerdi provided the following services relating primarily to the office, light industrial and retail markets:
- Analysis of recent take-up and availability of units within a 15 minutes walking distance from the subject site.
- Analysis of current achievable rents in the area
- Analysis of occupier Fit-Out requirements
- Consultation with active local agents
- Analysis of unit flexibility in the current market
Our analysis of the local market concluded that flexibility is a key requirement as it enables a range of occupiers to be attracted to the space. It also concluded that a premium rent can be achieved where there is an appropriate fit-out e.g. high, exposed ceilings with good natural light. We provided the Council with a comprehensive table that detailed the best use, optimal rent and fit-out for each proposed commercial space.Download PDF