Kirkleatham Hall Stables
Estate Regeneration - Residential
Heritage & Listed Buildings
Property Market Analysis
Town Centre Regeneration and Masterplanning
Kirkleatham Hall Stables and Garden Features are listed as buildings of special architectural or historic interest and are individually classified as Grade I, II and II*.
Under Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council ownership, the buildings are located within Kirkleatham Conservation Area and are on the English Heritage “Buildings at Risk Register”.
The Stables are currently undergoing significant ‘emergency works’ to the fabric of the buildings and garden features. The works are being joint-funded by Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council and English Heritage.
These works will help protect the fabric of the buildings but only make a small contribution towards bringing the building back into sustainable use.
- AspinallVerdi completed a feasibility study examining the future use options for the Stables.
- AspinallVerdi led the Study with a project team comprising; Planners, Architects, Conservationists and Quantity Surveyors.
- We undertook a robust examination of the current property market context for: residential; managed workspace; tourism and leisure; and bespoke uses.
- Community and stakeholder engagement via consultation and workshops to ascertain local priorities and how these could best be incorporated into viable use options.
- Bespoke financial appraisals of use options.
- In depth delivery approaches were developed to facilitate action by the Council including a delivery action plan.