Site Search and Valuation
Delivery & Implementation
Heritage & Listed Buildings
Site Assembly & Disposal
The Northern School of Contemporary Dance are the only conservatoire in the United Kingdom outside of London. Situated in Chapeltown, Leeds, they are seeking to grow their student base and improve the sustainability of the business with course expansion. The aspiration is to find a site in Leeds City Centre to facilitate this.
AspinallVerdi were instructed along with a team of co-consultants to undertake an options appraisal and feasibility study to enable the Board to make decisions on the School’s future, whether that be in Chapeltown or the city centre.
The consultant team included architects, arts and cultural experts, funding specialists and input from a quantity surveyor.
AspinallVerdi provided the following services:
- Site search to accommodate requirements in terms of land and property
- Red Book Valuation of existing site to understand Market Value for internal financial reporting purposes
- Engagement with Leeds City Council and other stakeholders to pursue options and methods of delivery
The Board have used the feasibility study to narrow down the options for future growth. The Northern School of Contemporary Dance has re-engaged AspinallVerdi to lead on the next stage of works to:
- Secure short-term accommodation to enable course expansion by September 2020
- Identify a long-term solution to enable growth, exploring one site identified in the city centre as a priority